In addition to the Milk & Honey Food Assistance program, JFS can assist local Jewish households struggling with finances and facing unplanned financial circumstances. Although the range of services is wide, the agency continuously depends on the generosity of community to donate funds, goods, and professional services to accommodate the ever growing needs of Hampton Roads residents.
JFS can provide assistance with:
• payment of emergency or overdue living expenses such as utility bills, rent, and medical bills
• applying for community services
• transportation to community resources and medical appointments
• gifts for Jewish children and teens through our annual Chanukah Gift Program
• Jewish holiday/ritual items and/or subsidized burial expense
• grocery gift cards for Rosh Hashanah, Passover and Chanukah
• subsidized child care and school expenses
• subsidized summer camp fees
All donations to JFS are tax deductible. To make a donation, click here.