- Meals on Wheels drivers, Thursdays between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM
- Check writers for the Personal Affairs Management department
- People to help file in the Personal Affairs Management department
- Friendly visitors for our clients are always needed
We invite you to call us and become a part of the JFS Volunteer Team! Call Jody Laibstain, Volunteer Coordinator, at 321-2227 for information about these opportunities.
Do You Knit?
- Looking for women to “exercise their fingers and their mouths” and join a wonderful group of women at the JCC every Wednesday from 10:00 AM to noon to knit for local nursing home residents. If you are unable to join them but would like to donate unworn knitted items or extra yarn, please contact Jody Laibstain.
Interested in volunteering for JFS? Please fill out the form below and someone will contact you.
JFS was visited by these adorable children (grandchildren of 2 our volunteers, Arlene Owens and Abby Friedman)! They brought food for the pantry that was collected at their Thanksgiving dinner and they also emptied their tzedakah box for us to buy more food. Jody Laibstain, JFS volunteer coordinator, let them shelve the food on our pantry shelves and explained how so many people do not have the money to go to the grocery store. It was a wonderful hands-on learning piece about tzedakah for these little ones!
Volunteering can help you:
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Feel needed and valued
- Learn or develop skills
- Gain work experience
- Build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Meet new people
- Express gratitude for help you may have received in the past from an organization
Volunteers play an essential role in improving the lives of our clients by developing lasting relationships and assisting with key programs. Because JFS is a full service organization, volunteers can easily find a project that fits their schedule and interests. Reach out to those in need – join our team of JFS volunteers!