JFS sponsors a wide range of social, cultural, and educational programs for adults over 55. Most activities take place in the Furman Room (Room 147), the hub of senior life at the Simon Family Jewish Community Center in Virginia Beach.
Regular, FREE Activities Include:
• The Knitting For Others Club: Wednesdays at 10:00 A.M.
• The JFS Book Club: Third Monday of every month at 2:00 P.M.
• Mah Jongg and Rummikub: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 A.M. until 3:00 P.M.
• Current Events: Open discussion, Thursdays at 10:30 A.M.
• JCC Seniors Club: Monthly meetings and luncheon, Third Wednesday of every month at 12:00 P.M.
As a Jewish agency, Jewish Family Service of Tidewater also sponsors annual celebrations for Jewish holidays, including:
• Rosh Hashanah Luncheon
• Chanukah Celebration
• Senior Passover Seder
• JFS Purim Carnival
Additionally, the JFS Celia K. Krichman EMBRACE Program collaborates with community members to provide free health and wellness programs and panels for community seniors. Upcoming activities and programs are noted in the monthly Jewish Family Service Activities Calendar.
Active clients keep informed of all JFS excitement through the FREE bi-monthly JFS Connect newsletter. Sign-up for an electronic copy today!
Call: (757) 321-2309
Ask For: Sherry Lieberman, Senior Adult Program Coordinator