In addition to Milk & Honey, JFS reaches out to local Jewish households struggling with finances and facing unplanned financial emergencies. Although the range of services is wide, the agency continuously depends on the generosity of community to donate funds, goods and professional services to accommodate the evergrowing need of Hampton Roads residents.
JFS Financial Assistance Services can provide:
• payment of emergency or overdue daily living expenses such as utility bills
• rent and medical bills
• assistance applying for community services
• supportive counseling services
• transportation to community resources and medical appointments
• gifts for children for Chanukah
• Jewish holiday/ritual items; subsidized burial expense
• cash or food gifts for Rosh Hashanah, Passover and Chanukah
• subsidized child care expense
• subsidized summer camp fees
• donated items such as clothing and household items
• volunteer hours
All donations to JFS are tax deductible!