JFS isn’t your average social service agency. During 2015-2016:
- Over 1300 older adults were served.
- 7,724 kosher meals on wheels delivered to homebound elderly.
- Over 400 impoverished Jewish individuals received food and/or financial assistance.
- Over 900 individuals received home health care from a Registered Nurse and/or physical therapist.
- Certified Nursing Assistants, nurse’s aides and/or Licensed Practical Nurses provided nearly 5,500 hours of in-home personal care every 2 weeks.
- 871 individuals received guardian, conservator, and/or representative payee services through the Personal Affairs Management (PAM) Program.
- Over 100 Jewish individuals with a developmental disability or chronic mental illness received services.
- Nearly 400 individuals received counseling and/or support services for issues related to loss, transition and healing.
Quality Assurance Policy
Jewish Family Service does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admission, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment. For further information about this policy, contact the Executive Director or Quality Assurance Coordinator at (757) 321-2222; TTY 1-800-828-1120.
Also, if you are interested in attending any JFS program/support group, and will require assistive aids or accessible facilities, please contact the Quality Assurance Coordinator at 321-2222 or TTY 1-800-828-1120 to request such aids. Please call in advance so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
View our 2016 Annual Report.
View our 2015 Annual Report.
View our 2014 Annual Report.